My Windows build is much slower than Linux build. Any way to speed up?

Jeff Cai jeffcaiz at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 04:10:33 PST 2013

Hello,

I am new to LibreOffice. Recently, I downloaded the code and started my
build.
At first, I built under Linux, which simply "git", apt-get those library,
autogen and make.
It worked like a charm.

Then I switched to Windows build. I noticed that it builds more things than
Linux build does(Like unit test). And it's much SLOWER!

Is there any way to speed up windows build? I used precompiled header in my
autogen.sh, I also use the "correct" make(3.82) from libreoffice build
tool, and set parallels parameter to 4(make -j 4).

Any way to disable the build of unit tests? I've searched through the help
to autgen, and found nothing.

--
yours sincerely,
                     Jeff