OpenDocument text (Flat XML) .fodt

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Mon Dec 30 17:28:04 PST 2013

On Fri, 2013-12-27 at 13:00 -0200, John Robson wrote:
> I always work with other friends using Github, the ".fodt" is very, very
> useful.  Many thanks for creating that.
>
> I would like to suggest just to break lines more often.  Some lines has
> more than 5000 columns!!!
>
> What about break a line each 80 columns?!  This will help a lot the
> versioning systems and also when you need fix merges.

The `xml_pp` (where "pp" is short for "pretty print") is useful for
breaking up those long lines in a way which is sensitive to the
structure of the xml file.  I routinely use it before comparing the xml
components of a document.

On Linux, the utility is supplied by the package xml-twig-tools.  I
suspect that it is available for other platforms, too.

Terry.