HttpClient -> HttpComponents

Pierre-André Jacquod pjacquod at alumni.ethz.ch
Tue Dec 31 06:56:48 PST 2013

Hello,
used to progamm a bit, but due to lack of time, was not able to
contribute with the speeding up of the tree...

But as it seems to be a very low level priority task, I will have a try.
 >> " The Commons HttpClient project is now end of life, and is no

to remove at least this dependency.

 > it's probably a waste of time since the only thing using it is
 > the Wiki Publisher extension, which likely uses just basic features

 > care about performance; it would be better to investigate whether
> current JREs (version 6 as baseline) include some equivalent
> functionality already to get rid of that external dependency instead

I will try first this path (pure Java rewrite), depsite I like better
C++ :-)

I intend to remove its use class by class of httpclient. So in case of
lack of time, a part is done and not lost.

Locally I have removed the use of httpclient.URI.

But I would need a hint: is there a documentfoundation / LO wiki where I
can get access as _test_ in order to be able to check my changes?

thanks
Best regards
Pierre-André