Build failure on master Linux 32bit in regbin.cxx

Alex Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 10:14:55 PST 2013

Hi all,

Despite multiple pulls and make cleaning my build tree, I'm
systematically getting a build failure with regbin.cxx

[build CXX] registry/tools/reg2bin.cxx
[build CXX] registry/tools/regview.cxx
/home/Development/libo/core/registry/tools/reg2bin.cxx: In function
‘sal_uInt64 {anonymous}::writeMap(osl::File&, std::map<rtl::OUString,
{anonymous}::Item>&, bool)’:
/home/Development/libo/core/registry/tools/reg2bin.cxx:1213:55: erreur:
déréférencement du pointeur type-punned brisera les strictes d'aliases
[-Werror=strict-aliasing]
/home/Development/libo/core/registry/tools/reg2bin.cxx:1219:55: erreur:
déréférencement du pointeur type-punned brisera les strictes d'aliases
[-Werror=strict-aliasing]
cc1plus: all warnings being treated as errors
make[1]: ***
[/home/Development/libo/core/workdir/unxlngi6.pro/CxxObject/registry/tools/reg2bin.o]
Erreur 1

and for those who don't speak French, the error message says that
dereferencing a pointer of the type punned will break strict aliases.

On Linux Mint 13 (Maya) 32bit up to date. Is this known ?

Alex