build development environment

timllloyd tim.lloyd at gmx.com
Mon Feb 4 18:24:22 PST 2013

Hi, I tried to set up the LO dev environment but ran into problems if anyone
can help.

I am running Fedora 18. Nothing special about the install of that, I went by
the book. So, from the wiki:

$ sudo yum-builddep libreoffice
$ mkdir git
$ cd git
$ git clone git://gerrit.libreoffice.org/core libo
$ cd libo

I got the impression I needed to hop over a couple of steps so I submitted:

$ ./configure.sh

Firstly I got the documented error with gnome-vfs. I tried appending
--enable-gio to the command but I got the same error message. So I installed
gnome-vfs2-devel and that removed the problem.

Then I got a problem with gstreamer which I have already installed. I had a
trawl of the net for possible solutions but I can't see anything obvious.
Can anyone help? I have included the log of ./configure.sh, the error
message and an attempt to reinstall gstreamer which fails as they are
already there:

Thanks

LO <http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n4034460/LO>

configure: error: Package requirements (gstreamer-0.10
gstreamer-plugins-base-0.10 ) were not met:

No package 'gstreamer-0.10' found
No package 'gstreamer-plugins-base-0.10' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GSTREAMER_0_10_CFLAGS
and GSTREAMER_0_10_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
Error running configure at ./autogen.sh line 201.

[tim at petunia libo]$ sudo yum install gstreamer gstreamer-plugins-base
[sudo] password for tim:
Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
fedora/18/i386/metalink                                  | 2.8 kB     00:00
rpmfusion-free-updates                                   | 3.3 kB     00:00
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates                                | 3.3 kB     00:00
updates/18/i386/metalink                                 | 2.8 kB     00:00
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates/primary_db                       |  41 kB   00:02
Package gstreamer-0.10.36-2.fc18.i686 already installed and latest version
Package gstreamer-plugins-base-0.10.36-3.fc18.i686 already installed and
latest version
Nothing to do