Build LibreOffice on Mac OS X

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Wed Feb 6 05:52:38 PST 2013

> Documentation I followed :

The problem with wiki pages and blog posts is that they soon become
outdated... It is a good idea to assume that for bleeding-edge master
work, any instructions older than a few months might be outdated.

> Migrate 10.6 SDK

Should not be necessary. At least I have never done that...

> Install macports

This will most likely cause problems. Stay far away from macports when
working with LibreOffice please. (I.e. you can have it, but make sure
it doesn't pollute your environment through PATH or otherwise.)

The only 3rd-party software you will need when building with a current
Xcode is automake and autoconf. Just build them from source and
install in a fresh prefix, and add the "bin" of that to PATH before
autogenning LibreOffice.

> sudo perl -MCPAN -e shell
> cpan[1]> install Archive::Zip
> cpan[1]> quit

Hmm, I don't recall if that really is necessary, maybe it is?

> CC=clang -m32
> CXX=clang++ -m32

The compiler(s) will be found automatically, setting CC and CXX
manually might cause problems.

> /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreData.framework/Headers/NSPersistentStoreRequest.h:/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreData.framework/Headers/NSPersistentStoreRequest.h18::181::In file included from 1 :/Users/raphael/Desktop/git/libo/extensions/source/macosx/spotlight/OOoMetaDataParser.m :28
> error: :
> error: In file included from /Users/raphael/Desktop/git/libo/extensions/source/macosx/spotlight/OOoMetaDataParser.hduplicate interface definition for class 'NSObject':duplicate interface definition for class 'NSObject'20

No idea whether that problem indeed can be caused by macport
interfering, or setting CC/CXX manually. But at least try not doing
that...

--tml