Moving Code From /core/sw... to /core/vcl

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Feb 6 15:37:38 PST 2013

On Mon, 2013-02-04 at 11:18 +0100, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
> The code responsible for all this seems unnecessarily complicated to me,
> so I am sorry if my quick read is actually misleading - but in general,
> you don't want to move parts of sw/ to vcl, more so if it meant
> including headers from sw in vcl.

Yeah, I wanted to give this a proper look, but never carved out the
time, short answer is that what we want to happen is roughly
a) remove that implicit store of settings in the writer code where it
happens as a side effect and get it called explicitly in some store
options configuration e.g.
in PrintDialog::storeToSettings have a maPController->storeUIOptions();
call and that maPController fundamentally comes from
new SfxPrinterController in sfx2/source/view/viewprn.cxx and takes a
SfxViewShell as an argument so it should be possible somewhere around
there to add a virtual storeUIOptions to the vcl::PrinterController,
implement it in SfxPrinterController and propagate (here its the usual
frustrating haze of "shells") the task to yet-another app-specific
virtual store method and move the writer implicit-save code into that
method instead.

C.