Improving PDF editing in Draw - a crowdfunded approach

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Feb 7 01:45:08 PST 2013

Hi Beluga,

On Thu, 2013-02-07 at 10:01 +0100, Beluga wrote:
> I am interested in starting micro-crowdfunding campaigns, in the role of a
> user, for the general and gradual improvement of PDF editing in Draw. What is
> needed is for a willing developer to create an initial enhancement-bug entry or
> entries, which can be then linked to from FreedomSponsors: http://www.freedomsponsors.org/

	The problem as always is to clearly specify a task, and find a skilled
developer with the time to work on it. As such, I suspect you want to
find an existing consulting company (eg. Lanedo, Credativ, Codethink,
Collabora etc.), or an interested individual that can give you a
concrete time estimate for developing a feature - and then pitch it on
one of these sites.

	It's great to try to find new ways to fund LibreOffice development, but
that process doesn't really belong on the developers list :-)

	All the best,

		Michael.