[libreoffice-dev] -calling a service function from BASIC macro

Rai, Neeraj neeraj.rai at citi.com
Tue Feb 12 07:31:30 PST 2013

Hi Stephan,

Is there any example of using uno calls from the forms bundled with LO ?
I am not very familiar with the Reference <> and googling uno::Reference is not helping me either.
I also couldn't find usage in sdk dir and examples dir. Would it be possible to point out a dir/file or a web link.

I  also wanted to understand the lifetime of uno objects .
Does the CalcAddimThr_impl object live for the life of open doc ?
I tried to keep my object without reference counting as there is only one instance of it and I am unfamiliar with Reference.
The runThread was passed the same pointer that I assumed with live for the life of open scalc doc.
But you seem to be suggesting that some other reference counted object is going out of scope making the pointer dangling.

I'll keep reading about this. If you find time, would appreciate if you could give me any pointers to web.

Thanks
Neeraj