Unpublishing API post 4.0

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed Feb 13 01:02:12 PST 2013

On 02/08/2013 06:01 PM, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> 1) Try to limit API changes to the major releases (4.0, 5.0, 6.0 etc).
>
> 2) API changes in minor and micro releases are still considered only if
> it's really really necessary. Otherwise, wait until the next major release.

I would weaken that to just one "really" for minor releases.

(Also, considering just major and minor releases, we do not have the
mismatch problem between lexicographical order of release numbers and
chronological order of releases.  At least that is my understanding of
how we plan releases.)

Stephan