patch removing Labels.xcu out of configuration

Winfried Donkers W.Donkers at dci-electronics.nl
Sun Feb 17 23:43:54 PST 2013

Hi Matus, Michael,

> Well, overwriting existing labels does not work I think, but it did not before
> either, so.. I think that's fine.
> If you would like to fix this, poke IMPL_LINK_NOARG(SwSaveLabelDlg,
> OkHdl) in sw/source/ui/envelp/labfmt.cxx Maybe if(RET_YES != eRet) makes
> it return before saving ? Really no idea what's going on.
> I did not try to debug.
> Anyhow, always good to test changes, so if you want, please do.

I get an exception (warn:legacy.osl:24509:1:unotools/source/config/configitem.cxx:58: Exception from GetNodeNames:     *['Avery A4']) which can well be the cause of not being able to overwrite existing labels.
I haven't got further than that the exception comes from
Reference<XHierarchicalNameAccess> xHierarchyAccess = GetTree();
in
Sequence< OUString > ConfigItem::GetNodeNames(const OUString& rNode, ConfigNameFormat eFormat)
in
/core/unotools/source/config/configitem.cxx (line 730).
It'll probably cost me some time to find my way in the maze of templates/constructs/etc., but I won''t give up easily.

Also, I found some small spelling errors in labels.xml (possibly my errors, or there from long ago) and an incomplete comment. I will patch these together with the overwrite-patch I hope to make.

BTW, should it be possible to overwrite exisiting label definitions at all? I mean, shouldn't it be necessary to at least change the type name? The existing label definitions are for real labels and overwriting them could lead to confusing. Or is this purely the user's responsibilty?

Winfried