[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Feb 18 06:01:53 PST 2013

On Saturday 16 of February 2013, Michael Meeks wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-02-15 at 21:50 +0100, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > > PPS: please do not shoot the messenger...
> >
> >  I'm not shooting the messenger, I'm telling him that the way it is he'll
> > sooner or later need to go on more errands.
>
> 	Heh; so "do not merge" is the equivalent of "do not submit" but much
> clearer and friendlier, fits inside the text limit.

 Huh? Friendlier? Clearer??? It says pretty much the same.

> 	We need to be -very- polite, respectful and encouraging to those who
> have managed not only to build LibreOffice, but setup a gerrit account,
> change the code and finally submit it to gerrit. Potentially one
> reviewer might transiently not like the approach enough to block it -
> that's fine, but IMHO we need to make that message more appropriate -
> which AFAICS is now done :-)
>
> 	Are people really contesting "do not merge" ?

 No, people are not really contesting it. Apparently finding all the places
around LO that are poorly named or plain misleading is an effort for a small
army, and convincing people of an improvement for a somewhat larger army, and
I've got things to do.

 All I'm saying is that 'do not merge' is vague enough to not say what it in
fact does or where the line between -1 and -2 is, and 'I disagree with the
change, needs discussion first' or similar is clearer there and still
reasonably short.

> 	If so, there is an ESC call next week to discuss it of course, and
> you're welcome to put your points.

 Oh come on. Do I need to write down a design document too?

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz