[Libreoffice-commits] core.git: desktop/source

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Feb 21 00:31:11 PST 2013

On 02/20/2013 04:25 PM, julien2412 wrote:
> Lubos Lunak wrote
>>> Lubos Lunak wrote
>>   Sorry, I did not realize that = { 0 } actually clears the rest of the
>> array.
>> And I do not quite understand why clearing an entire array is supposed to
>> be
>> a good way to initialize it when just setting the last one to 0 is enough.
>>> Why "pReceiveBuffer[nBytes-1] = 0;" would need to stay?
>>
>>   If I'm reading the code correctly, "nBytes-1" is not the position after
>> the
>> read data, but the last read item. Which should mean that the repeated
>> recv()
>> may rewrite all the 0's from the initialization. That rather begs the
>> question why it changes the last read item instead of terminating it, so
>> the
>> code may have been already broken to begin with.
>
> I thought it could be interesting to put together declaration and
> initialization so we're sure we won't have some side effects (I thought it
> could be more clean too).
> To be honest, I thought too it was a very straightforward patch, so i pushed
> it on master instead of having submitted for gerrit review. Obviously, I was
> wrong.
>
> For the second part of your message, I really don't know.
>
> Again, don't hesitate to tell me if I must revert this commit.

FYI:  Without having seen this mail thread, I did see the couple of
recent commits to desktop/source/app/officeipcthread.cxx last night, saw
that they still don't address all problems with the sending side not
including NUL bytes at places where the receiving side expects them,
worked on a clean-up of that code, but didn't come around yet to push
it.  Will happen shortly.

Stephan