New feature in Calc: Stepped Lines graphs

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Thu Feb 21 05:44:20 PST 2013

On 20/02/13 22:11, Eric Seynaeve wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 February 2013 11:09:06 Regina Henschel wrote:

>> The specification is not written in a way, that some people image cool
>> new features, but they look, what existing programs do. And those things
>> which are common are standardized. Therefore LO has "ODF1.2 extended"
>> and Gnumeric "with foreign elements".
>
> Regina, I looked at the xml in Gnumeric.
>
> It indicates it as follows:

> I guess the 'gnm:step-end' is a foreign element/attribute. Should I
> implement something similar for LO ? If yes, what to use instead of
> "gnm:". If no, can you point me in the right direction.

if what you implement has the same semantics as what Gnumeric does (and
i think that's your goal) then it does make sense to use the same
foreign elements.

you'd need to add a namespace declaration for the "gnm" prefix; look at
the xmlns:gnm="..." attribute that must be somewhere in the file (likely
on the root element).  you can add namespaces in
xmloff/inc/xmloff/xmlnmspe.hxx and SchXMLExport::SchXMLExport() in
xmloff/source/chart/SchXMLExport.cxx.