New feature in Calc: Stepped Lines graphs

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Thu Feb 21 08:00:37 PST 2013

Regina Henschel wrote:
> I'm not sure whether the way Gnumeric does it, is grammatically
> correct. Perhaps it is necessary to make an own attribute
> "LOchart:interpolation", which then allows more values. Thorsten
> might know it, and you should ask him.

Prefixes in attribute values are meaningless on an xml level
(http://www.rpbourret.com/xml/NamespacesFAQ.htm#names_5), though of
course it serves a documentation purpose. For sheer schema validity,
one would indeed have to add a new, foreign-namespace attribute with
whatever values one needs. But that appears really excessive, and is
more due to inflexibility/lack of expressiveness on the rng level
rather than anything else.

At any rate, the point is moot, since the additional values got
accepted into ODF1.3 already, so I would not have any problem calling
such a document valid ODF1.2 extended. ;)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten