C++ extensions requiring LIBO_UDK_4.1

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Fri Feb 22 12:38:51 PST 2013

On 22/02/13 16:41, Alex Thurgood wrote:
> Le 22/02/2013 16:30, Michael Stahl a écrit :
>>
>> it's possible that this is because it requires functions that were added
>> after the 4.0 release on master (i suspect this happens automatically
>> due to some OUString changes); for example here i'm getting a dependency
>> on LIBO_UDK_4.1 symbol version, which none of the current releases supply.
>>

> Two questions, both of which may be dumb, because I don't really know
> what is going on here, but :
>
> Shouldn't it default to the lowest common denominator, i.e. 3.6 ?

well it's based on the symbols that are actually required but not
defined in the mysql extension library, i.e. LO/URE functions called and
misc. typeinfo/RTTI stuff.

i suspect (but haven't checked) that due to changes to the OUString
class the existing code now implicitly calls and requires different
functions that did not exist in older versions.

> Is this only a problem with symbol-enabled builds ?

the term "symbol" is quite overloaded; this is about linker symbols in
shared libraries, which may be "exported" from library A and "imported"
in library B.  has nothing to do with --enable-symbols or --enable-debug
configure options.