moz module gbuildification?

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Sat Feb 23 08:09:02 PST 2013

On 23/02/13 11:53, David Ostrovsky wrote:

> configure: error: This version of the MSVC compiler, 15.00.30729 , is
> unsupported.
>
> which bring us to the fact [2] that we apparently need MSVC 7.1 (or
> earlier?) to compile seamonkey 1.8, that we don't support anyway.
>
> Having said that I suggest to drop native compilation mode (i. e. all
> sources, patches, etc.) and only partially gbuildify moz module:
> prebuilt seamonkey mode, to be able to include binaries in release build.

that is a very good point (and i completely forgot about it): on the
only platform where we still need moz, we can't actually build it from
source except with an additional old MSVC installed.

i agree that in this special case it's best to just unzip the pre-built
binaries; there apparently hasn't been a need to re-build these in a
long time if the "06-Sep-2011" timestamp on the server is reliable.

let's hope that the binaries will continue to work until the remaining
address books are re-implemented.