SfxItemSet::Put(..., USHORT nWhich) removal (was the meaning of core/starmath/sdi/smath.sdi)

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Thu Feb 28 03:58:41 PST 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 11:34:24AM +0000, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> caolanm->bjoern: what's the vision around SfxItemSet::DisableItem and
> removal of the two argument SfxItemSet::Put ?

Both tie the interface of the class to the implementation. If one wants to
replace the SfxItemSet someday with some same standard container internally,
these two are the first to go.
Also: The two argument SfxItemSet::Put allows you to put an item at WhichId
slot that is different from the WhichId the SfxPoolItem has stored internally,
thus following the principle of most surprise. This is e.g. done in editeng
quite a lot. I expect quite a few obscure bugs will be created by this
implementation detail ... wait, let me rephrase that: I expect quite a few
obscure bugs already existing because of this. ;)

Best,

Bjoern