Junk *.tmp files in /tmp after compilation

Ruslan Kabatsayev b7.10110111 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 04:07:48 PST 2013

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 3:35 PM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at suse.com> wrote:
> Hi Ruslan,
>
> On Thu, 2013-01-03 at 01:31 +0300, Ruslan Kabatsayev wrote:
>> Each time after LibO compilation (doing it from scratch, i.e. having
>> "git pull&&git clean -xdf" done before if that matters) I discover
>> about 400 files with names like "luxy1e20.tmp" in my /tmp.
>> Shouldn't these temp files have been removed automatically?
>
>         In a word - yes :-) I suspect these are gnumake related files; what are
> the contents of them ? we should find which rule is not cleaning up
> nicely and bin them.

Here's contents of one of files:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=5SqkVSGS . Many of the files are empty,
some of non-empty ones are RTFs as the one I've shown, some others are
ZIP (ODS in fact, it seems). My guess is they are left from tests
because they look like test files.
There're also several empty directories left after build.
Interestingly, most files have 0600 permissions, and dirs are 0700.

>         Also - did your compile complete successfully ?

Yes, build runs to "Multiprocessing build is finished" message.

Regards,
Ruslan