Junk *.tmp files in /tmp after compilation

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Thu Jan 3 05:00:58 PST 2013

Jean-Baptiste Faure píše v Čt 03. 01. 2013 v 13:12 +0100:
> Hi Michael,
>
> I jump into this discussion because I sent the same question.
>
> Le 03/01/2013 12:35, Michael Meeks a écrit :
> > Hi Ruslan,
> >
> > On Thu, 2013-01-03 at 01:31 +0300, Ruslan Kabatsayev wrote:
> >> Each time after LibO compilation (doing it from scratch, i.e. having
> >> "git pull&&git clean -xdf" done before if that matters) I discover
> >> about 400 files with names like "luxy1e20.tmp" in my /tmp.
> >> Shouldn't these temp files have been removed automatically?
> >
> > 	In a word - yes :-) I suspect these are gnumake related files; what are
> > the contents of them ? we should find which rule is not cleaning up
> > nicely and bin them.
>
> Each time I build LO 4.0, I get ~459 new temporary files that are not
> removed. I guess they are created during automated tests at the end of
> the build. All files have .tmp extension, many of them (~222) are empty,
> ~119 are recognized as RTF files, ~14 are ODF documents, ~74 are
> archives but probably ooxml files, ~16 are images in various formats,
> others have unknown type.

I actually see many /tmp/lux* and /tmp/luz* files even on machine where
I do NOT build LO. I just run it there. So, I guess that these files are
created by LO at runtime. It probably happens also during some
unittests.

I have seen this for ages but I was newer bothered enough to investigate
it ;-)

Best Regards,
Petr