Addin exceptions in SvStream

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu Jan 3 05:27:18 PST 2013

On Sunday 30 of December 2012, Marc-André Laverdière wrote:
> I know that C++ is an horrible monster to parse. My question was why
> pick a tool over another.
> Maybe the JavaCC or Antlr grammars are not very good. Maybe the
> Phoenix framework doesn't work for some variants of C++ we care about.
> Maybe GCC has an horrible API. Maybe nobody feels like asking for a
> license for the Bauhaus framework.

 Nothing so complicated. It was simply the solution with the smallest effort.
Clang is the compiler I use, it has a usable tutorial to get one started with
writing a plugin, and last but not least the API is rather intuitive and
decently documented.

> @Lubos. I started writing a plug-in. I have a problem with compiling,
> however. It somehow doesn't find the headers on my system.
> This is the autogen.sh I use (I tried with and without --includedir,
> and --includedir=/usr/)
> ./autogen.sh CC=clang CXX=clang++ --includedir=/usr/include/
> --enable-compiler-plugins
>
> I get this in the output:
> checking clang/AST/RecursiveASTVisitor.h usability... no
> checking clang/AST/RecursiveASTVisitor.h presence... no
> checking for clang/AST/RecursiveASTVisitor.h... no
> configure: error: Cannot find Clang headers to build compiler plugins.
>
> Yet...
> $ ls /usr/include/clang/AST/RecursiveASTVisitor.h
> /usr/include/clang/AST/RecursiveASTVisitor.h
>
> I am on Linux Mint 14. Any clue what is going on?

 No, but checking config.log should tell you why configure failed to find the
header.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz