Error building with clang

Marc-André Laverdière marcandre.laverdiere at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 01:46:46 PST 2013

Hi,

I am building with clang. I ran make clean and even wiped my ccache cache.

I run into this problem:
/home/marc-andre/lo/core/solver/unxlngx6.pro/inc/external/boost/uuid/seed_rng.hpp:143:61:
note: override this message by inserting an explicit cast
            unsigned int rn[] = { std::rand(), std::rand(), std::rand() };

My system: Linux Mint 14 64 bit.

Ubuntu clang version 3.0-6ubuntu3 (tags/RELEASE_30/final) (based on LLVM 3.0)
Target: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix

ccache version 3.1.7

Note that when I build with --with-system-boost, I do not get this
error. The system version is 1.49.0.1

I am guessing that we are using a somewhat older version of boost.
So: a) can anyone duplicate this? b) which version of boost should we
upgrade to?

Marc-André LAVERDIÈRE
"Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete,
not lacking anything." -James 1:4
http://asimplediscipleslife.blogspot.com/
mlaverd.theunixplace.com