[libreoffice-dev] - architecture question about interproces,extension,addIn

Rai, Neeraj neeraj.rai at citi.com
Fri Jan 4 15:36:39 PST 2013

Hi,

I found an example of add-in and was able to build, deploy and run it.
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/SimpleCalcAddIn  (myRNG.tar deploys RNG service)

However, the 2nd and more complete example http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/CompleteAddIn
        fails at registry time with error (CannotRegisterImplementationException): loading component library failed: libsrvcCalc.so
>regcomp -register -r *.rdb -c *.so
 libsrvcCalc.so
 register component 'libsrvcCalc.so' in registry 'srvcCalc.rdb' failed!
 error (CannotRegisterImplementationException): loading component library failed: libsrvcCalc.so

I found some discussion online where someone had same problem with RNG (the simple Addin) and fixed it.
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=79491#312692

Q1. Would someone happen to know if the example is supposed to work ?
        How do I debug the error CannotRegisterImplementationException ? My LD_LIBRARY_PATH seems correct because I can build RNG from the same shell.

It seems when Eric found the problem with RNG, he moved a lot of things from wiki to code/makefile/setupenv files.
Q2. Is it possible to make the RNG example as part of the package? I can contribute the code for complete-Add-in if I can get it working.
        The advantage of having it as part of build is that it doesn't break and requires little maintenance, while wiki can silently become outdated.
        it would benefit newbies like me to get working code as part of distribution.
        Is that the preferred way to go ? I would like to hear other opinions on this.

Thanks
Neeraj