not installing icon themes

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Mon Jan 7 04:44:40 PST 2013

On Fri, 2013-01-04 at 18:47 +0100, Riccardo Magliocchetti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i'd like to start stripping unneeded stuff when building for headless,
> starting from images.
>
> I've tried with --with-theme="" but got the default themes instead.
> Would it be ok to change the meaning of "" to be none instead of default?

What about disabling all themes when using the option "--without-theme".
It is the same as "--with-theme=no".

In each case, we should make sure that some theme is used if you do not
use this option at all. Most builders want some icon theme and we should
not force them using this option everytime ;-)

> Then i've tried with this patch which compiles fine but gives an error
> at install time because the installer still looks for them. Some
> grepping of "theme" in solenv shows gb_ResTarget_DEFIMAGESLOCATION which
> used later in $(call gb_ResTarget_get_target,%) makes me think that at
> least an icon set is mandatory. Any hint on a sensible approach?

I am sorry, I do not have time to investigate. Does it fail in
postprocess or in instsettoo_native? If it fails in instsetto_native,
you might want to look into the scp2 module. It defines what files are
needed during installation. You might need to add some extra #ifdefs
around the icons.

If it fails in postprocess, it might really need some tweaking of the
scripts and makefiles.

Best Regards,
Petr