Master Build Failure in Python3 on Mac OSX with SDK 10.6 and XCode 4.5.2

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Mon Jan 7 03:53:22 PST 2013

> In theory, I completely removed all the old 3.2.6 command line tools
> before installing XCode 4.5.2. In the Preferences pane, I only see :
>
> iOS 5.1 Simulator
> iOS 5.0 Simulator
> Command Line Tools
>
> These are all up to date.

Well, at least the xcrun I have doesn't even have any -v or --v option
that would orint out its version, as yours seems to do...

sniff:~ $ xcrun -v
xcrun: error: no utility name specified
Usage: xcrun [options] <utility> ... arguments ...

Find and execute the named command line utility from
the installed Xcode.

  -h, --help           show this help message and exit
  -v, --verbose        show verbose logging output
  --sdk <sdk name>     find the tool for the given SDK name
  --toolchain <name>   find the tool for the given toolchain
  -l, --log            show commands to be executed (with --run)
  -f, --find           only find and print the utility path
  -r, --run            find and execute the utility (this is the
default behavior)
  -n, --no-cache       do not use the lookup cache
  -k, --kill-cache     remove any existing cache file (and perhaps recreate)

(xcrun --v gives the same output)

sniff:~ $ type -p xcrun
/usr/bin/xcrun
sniff:~ $ ls -l /usr/bin/xcrun
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  23392 14 Aug 13:46 /usr/bin/xcrun

--tml