[REVIEW] domain-mapper import speedup patch ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Tue Jan 8 08:19:09 PST 2013

On Tue, 2013-01-08 at 14:15 +0100, Michael Stahl wrote:
> there may be more places where a similar approach could be applicable,
> both in API implementations in sw and in writerfilter/xmloff import
> code, e.g. see cc99bb9f383a65912d004e227a5b6a88b401bbba which was purely
> result of me debugging some crash and wondering why a certain insert
> method in sw core is called so often (in that case sw API impl. actually
> did the right thing).

	:-) as I say, it seems to me that being able to manipulate SfxItemSet's
from UNO (or better not using UNO at all to talk to the core from the
DomainMapper ;-), might allow the same item-set to be re-used

> > It has a FIXME - I'm unclear
> > exactly what's going on there. Clearly I'm wandering at the edge of my
> > competence wrt. the writer bits here, so help/encouragement appreciated.
> i suppose this exception would be thrown by
> SwUnoCursorHelper::SetPropertyValues now anyway... which is actually a
> problem because in that case
>   m_pImpl->m_pDoc->GetIDocumentUndoRedo().EndUndo(UNDO_INSERT, NULL);
> won't be executed and we get a confused UNDO stack in writer...

	Ah right - we need the try/catch goodness there still. I've added that
back.

> i guess it's best to move the Start/EndUndo into
> SwUnoCursorHelper::SetPropertyValues to fix that (can't be omitted
> entirely since it's possible that multiple different Undo objects are
> created).

	I've re-worked it as attached; I'd love to use the same code for
setting paragraph properties (which I suspect would give us another real
win there). Having said that switching the #if 1 to turn that on breaks
'make slowcheck' - though quite why is not immediately apparent to me
from code-reading ;-)

	Any help getting that finished off / merged v. much appreciated.

	Thanks !

		Michael.