Knowledge acquired trying to fiz fdo#59106

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at suse.cz
Wed Jan 9 01:22:30 PST 2013

Hi Marcos,

On Tue, Jan 08, 2013 at 09:25:26AM -0200, Marcos Souza <marcos.souza.org at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yesterday I was trying to undertand the dump generated by the mso-dumper.
>
> But, I believe the first issue is about the word "Definição" in a new page,
> instead of the same page as "Trabalho 1" as it appears in the MS Word.

Yes, I see the problem, that's a good observation (compared to the
bugreport, just saying "layout is corrupted", which is unhelpful).

> So, as said before, I need to understand how the page breaks works, and
> what are the opcodes for this, and learn how LO handles this!
>
> Do you have some tip for guide me? (Now I'm in my boring job, but when I
> get home I will take a look in this again! Let's fix this inheritance bug!)

The general approach is to find out what's worng with the result: I
guess some rows have either a "break page before this row" or "don't
allow this row to split accross pages" property enabled, which can cause
such issues. Once you know how to correct the result manually, you can
look into the code to make the importer do it by default.

HTH,

Miklos