UI issue

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Jan 9 01:22:48 PST 2013

Hi Steve,

	You mentioned you wanted code pointers for this lot (hopefully
C++ is not -so- different from C ;-) so:

On Mon, 2013-01-07 at 10:55 -0800, Steven Howe wrote:
> 1) Insert->Section.
> When there is more then one section, they are listed in the order
> created, not linear order with respect to the document.
> Although in the Navigator view, the sections are ordered linearly.
> This should look the same I think; preferably linearly.

	So to find this shouldn't be so hard; grab a uniqueish looking string
in the dialog for example 'New section' and git grep for it:

git --no-pager grep -5 'New section'
sw/source/ui/dialog/regionsw.src-    FixedLine FL_NAME
sw/source/ui/dialog/regionsw.src-    {
sw/source/ui/dialog/regionsw.src-        OutputSize = TRUE ;
sw/source/ui/dialog/regionsw.src-        Pos = MAP_APPFONT ( 6 , 3 ) ;
sw/source/ui/dialog/regionsw.src-        Size = MAP_APPFONT ( 78 , 8 ) ;
sw/source/ui/dialog/regionsw.src:        Text [ en-US ] = "New section" ;
sw/source/ui/dialog/regionsw.src-    };
sw/source/ui/dialog/regionsw.src-    ComboBox ED_RNAME

	So - almost certainly - the code for this dialog is nearby in:

	sw/source/ui/dialog/uiregionsw.cxx

	:-) as you can find by git grepping for some of these TP_INSERT_SECTION
type stuff. I'd poke around in there to see how the list widgets are
populated.

> 2) When you are inserting a new section, the naming box has 'Section1'
> in  it. Although I know, if I just accept at that point the name
> 'Section1' will persist, who does that?
> Like in Nautilus or any desktop viewing program, a new folder or new
> document, the name is highlighted so it can be replace easily; typed
> over. Of course if you don't replace the 'untitled folder', that's the
> name you get.

	Ok - so that is a matter of doing the insertion earlier (I guess) and
fiddling with the list view widget - presumably a widget from vcl (poke
vcl/inc/vcl/ for it's implementation).

> The  point is, I think 'Section1' should be highlighted so it can be
> typed over. This should be the expected behavior.

	So - have a poke in there; I'm happy to help with any questions :-)
almost everything in LibreOffice is in need of polish - thanks for
helping with that !

	All the best,

		Michael.