UI issue

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Jan 9 01:49:00 PST 2013

On Mon, 2013-01-07 at 22:55 -0800, Steven Howe wrote:
> Navigator. Sections.
> The section highlighted is may not be the section my cursor is in.
> Logic requires the Navigator follow where I am.
> Perhaps the highlighted section in the Navigator should also be the
> section I am editing?

	The code for the navigator is here:

	sw/source/ui/utlui/navipi.cxx

	IIRC :-) I believe some of it is shared with sfx2 or similar.

	It seems that the navigation generally navigates the document rather
than moving the cursor around; so perhaps worth checking this out with
the ux-advise list before getting too far I suspect (?)

	As for following the cursor position; a quick poke (and I'm no writer
expert) suggests that:

	sw/source/core/crsr/crsrsh.cxx

	is prolly your friend; if you grok for
InvalidateAccessibleCursorPosition - it seems that a11y at least gets a
cleanish notification of changes there - although apparently everything
else got jammed into one big method there ;-) I guess you'd want some
sort of notification from there to the navigation dialog.

	Hope that helps !

	All the best,

		Michael.