[libreoffice-dev] - building difficulties with C++ extension, addIn

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed Jan 9 02:28:21 PST 2013

Hi Neeraj,

Thank you for taking the trouble of making your Calc addin example work.
  The SDK is indeed an area that could benefit from more maintenance
help, lots of the documentation goes stale over time etc.

That said, I'm not sure we'll improve the overall situation by adding
more examples directly to the SDK.  The content of the SDK is backed by
module odk in the core LO git repo, so the example code ends up in the
core repo, where greps and wholesale code-cleaning activities (like some
EasyHacks) stumble upon it, modify it, etc.  But due to the awkward way
the SDK needs to be set up for use (another area that would benefit from
additional help), those examples do not routinely get tested (e.g., are
not compiled and run during a build, not even a "make check" one).

Therefore, I wonder whether it would not make more sense to have some
place of its own for such additional examples to reside in, like in a
wiki or some repository similar to LO's extensions and templates sites.
  I'll see to get that issue addressed and come back here.

Thanks again for your work and for your patience,
Stephan