gb_COMPILERNOOPTFLAGS does not even obey the user passed CFLAGS

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu Jan 10 06:03:15 PST 2013

On Thursday 10 of January 2013, Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> As written in subject the variable is used on multiple targets and it
> ignores the user defined cflags/cxxflags.
> This should never happen and all our targets should take into effect the
> user defined options too.
>
> I am not sure which variable I should append there, so could anyone check
> if the diff in attachment is right?

 It doesn't look right. CXXFLAGS should always get used for building .cxx
sources, so this should have no effect, moreover gb_COMPILERNOOPTFLAGS is
simply the default noopt flag to use when doing debug build. And I don't
quite understand why you'd want this change, what problem are you trying to
solve?

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz