[libreoffice-marketing] Latest Hardware and OS

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Thu Jan 10 06:37:11 PST 2013

Tom Davies schrieb:
> At the moment those devices are probably not seen as good things to use to edit documents.

Hi all,

of course (nearby) nobody will use an Android Handy to write a Novel or
similar; nevertheless, yesterday in the omnibus, I watched a young woman
and was fascinated concerning the speed she wrote on a handy only using
her thumbs. I'm afraid she was faster than me here typing with 10 fingers.

But I think an android tablet or even a smartphone can be quite a nice
ODF document viewer, may be with smaller edits in the documents or so,
you can use LibO for creation of simple documents from Templates
(timesheet, directly signed by the customer on the screen in a DRAW OLE
object ...).

And LibO seems not to be the spear head there, please see
<http://softmaker.com/english/ofacomp_en.htm>!

On my Android tablet I use a different ODF viewer (forgot the name,
result is not satisfying), because Versions from
daily/master/Android-... crashed during installation).

So we need to interest more new additional Hackers helping to create a
LibO Android suite based on the current Master, including Documentation,
Project info, ... .

Best regards

Rainer Bielefeld