Extending Dictionaries

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Thu Jan 10 07:53:30 PST 2013

Samuel Mehrbrodt píše v Čt 03. 01. 2013 v 23:30 +0100:
> I just sent you a list of words directly.
>
> Can we document this somewhere in the Wiki, how to add new words to a
> dictionary? I guess there are more people wanting to do this.

I have created
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Dictionaries
Feel free to update it or ask if anything is unclear.

> Also, are there any guidelines which words are accepted in the dictionary?

The preferred way is to contact author of the dictionary and get the
words accepted by him. He is usually an expert for the given language
and the best person for decision making. Also it helps to make sure that
the new words are not lost within further updates.

By other words, LO git repository includes just a copy of the
dictionary. It is better to change in on the original location where it
come from.

Best Regards,
Petr