fdo#38838 - Removal/Replacement of the String/UniString with OUString once and for all.

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at suse.cz
Tue Jan 15 05:13:36 PST 2013

Hi Jean-Noël,

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 01:58:12PM +0100, Jean-Noël Rouvignac <jn.rouvignac at gmail.com> wrote:
>    - What are the guidelines to replace String? When to use OString and
>    when to use OUString?

UniString and String are the same, both should be ported to OUString.

>    - What is XubString?
>    https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/String_Classes does not
>    mention it.

Still the same, tools/inc/tools/solar.h has typedefs for these, so the
real class is String.

> If somebody has got the answers, could he update
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/String_Classes?

Done.

> Finally I noticed there is no doxygen generated for XubString, UniString or
> String under http://api.libreoffice.org/docs.

I think only the public API is documented there, try running doxygen on
the tools directory locally, if you want some generated documentation.

Miklos