Bug Status NEW but Assigned to Someone - Please Change

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 10:39:32 PST 2013

On 01/15/2013 01:32 PM, Joel Madero wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I just noticed on FDO we have over 400 bugs that are in NEW status but
> are not assigned to default (ie. someone is assigned). If you have any
> bugs that are assigned to you but that are in NEW, can you change this
> to ASSIGNED or release the bug so someone else might take a look at it.
>
> https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?order=Importance&list_id=208286&emailtype1=notequals&query_format=advanced&emailassigned_to1=1&bug_status=NEW&email1=libreoffice-bugs%40lists.freedesktop.org%20&product=LibreOffice
>
> Helps QA keep a handle on FDO a bit more and makes stats a bit more
> accurate.

IIRC, that was the rule we adopted a while back with Rainer.  If a bug
was assigned to someone (anyone can assign a bug to anyone else) and the
status is NEW, then that bug is not being worked on no matter who is the
assignee.

I don't see any need to reset those to the default account.  IMO that
would only create unnecessary noise for no gain.  And I don't think it's
appropriate to ask the assignee to endure that double pain (of going
through those bugs that someone else has assigned to him or her).

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc