Limit - New Database feature

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Fri Jan 18 18:46:08 PST 2013

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 09:47:05PM +0100, Zolnai Tamás wrote:

> I'm working on a new Database feature (...) This feature is an
> editable field on the Query Design Toolbar, with which the result of
> the query can be limited.

I assume you refer to the SQL clause "LIMIT $n$" whose effect is that
the query returns at most $n$ results?

Yes, it would be cool to have that feature. I dislike having a feature
only in the toolbar, so please make sure it is also available by some
menu. Our main competitor has a per-query property window, maybe we
should do the same and put such stuff there? We can also put the
"DISTINCT / DISTINCT VALUES" choice in the same window.

Make sure I get a copy of the patch and I'll take a look at it:

 - in Gerrit, add me as reviewer
 - in Bugzilla, put me as CC
 - when posting to the mailing list, CC me

--
Lionel