[Libreoffice-qa] Minutes - QA Call 01/11/2013

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Mon Jan 21 07:08:14 PST 2013

Hi,

On Thursday, 2013-01-17 09:43:33 -0800, Joel Madero wrote:

> -*Agreed: *NEEDINFO: Used only if most the information is there and
> the bug can be confirmed but additional information would be useful
> Request that once information is provided, move bug to NEW not to
> UNCONFIRMED or REOPENED

This to me is not what NEEDINFO is for, I do need more info on a bug
that I can't reproduce and hence is unconfirmed. I may also NEEDINFO for
additional information, but this IMHO is not the primary use case.

> -*Agreed: *INVALID: If bug cannot be confirmed with information and
> there just isn't enough information there to reproduce the bug, we
> will move to INVALID

There should be NEEDINFO before that. Closing such bugs as INVALID would
frustrate reporters that in fact did not submit an invalid report but an
insufficiently described one. Here NEEDINFO would be the polite way to
say INSUFFICIENT.

  Eike

New GnuPG key 0x65632D3A : 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Old GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD
Support the FSFE, care about Free Software! https://fsfe.org/support/?erack