[Libreoffice-ux-advise] including Ubuntu fonts in Windows/OSX installers

Adolfo Jayme Barrientos fitoschido at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 14:51:11 PST 2013

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 2:24 PM, Rene Engelhard <rene at debian.org> wrote:
> Becaudse *you* don't care about what "Open Source" is doesn't mean that all the
> people who care should do stuff to clean it up.

Hello, Rene Engelhard. It is the first time you and I talk to each
other, and we had never met face-to-face. Is this the way you talk to
people, assuming things like “you don’t care”? This says a lot from
you, and if you want to know: I do care, if I didn’t, I wouldn’t spend
so much of my free time contributing to LibreOffice.

Now, going on-topic: the UFL does not forbid LibreOffice from
including Ubuntu [1], we are not renaming it, and honestly, calling it
“distro-specific” based on just the name, is throwing bullshit. There
is a cola beverage named Ubuntu, and it is not affiliated with
Canonical, why including the fonts in LibreOffice would be interpreted
as endorsing the distro? Even if it did, that would be a benefit to
Debian, come on! Rene Engelhard, let’s not make this a discussion on
the Debian bug you linked, this is not the appropriate place.

[1]: http://font.ubuntu.com/ufl/FAQ.html

--
Adolfo