[Libreoffice-ux-advise] including Ubuntu fonts in Windows/OSX installers

Adolfo Jayme Barrientos fitoschido at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 20:44:15 PST 2013

> "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck,
> then it probably is a duck."
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duck_test

Oh well, I will not try to convince you, you seem to believe this is
marketing. I’m not the appropriate person to keep arguing, because: 1)
I’m a typography lover that happened to like Dalton Maag’s work; 2) I
am an Ubuntu translator as well as LibreOffice’s (so you’d think I’m
biased) and 3) I’m not yet a TDF member and I don’t seem to have more
voice here than your neighbourhood complainer. The detractors of this
proposal are pointing out unrelated issues with the font and excuses
to not considering, people loves to hate Canonical —why is everybody
happy to do “free advertising” for Ascender/Google, ParaType and Adobe
then?— and I’m tired by today. So…

--
Adolfo