Email Flood

Florian Effenberger floeff at documentfoundation.org
Sat Jan 26 03:58:51 PST 2013

Hi,

Norbert Thiebaud wrote on 2013-01-26 12:49:
> Eike reported something similar...  I did not notice this... but then
> maybe google mail is hiding that from me somehow...
> I must admit that I'm ill equiped for this one as I have littel
> control on the mail system itself... that is more a florian things...
> and it is bjoern that did set-up the mail spaming in gerrit
> originally... and I'm not really sure which trick was chosen.
> I've done some reading since then, and found how we were supposed to
> set-it up gerrit wise... but that surely was not set-up that way.
>
> But clearly the one thing that changed recently is the system layer of
> vm2 (the virtual machine that run gerrit-prod)
> we have not changed any of gerrit conf regarding email...

so, I tested the mail system, and it seems to work. However, before it
did NOT work, which may be why you did not receive any e-mails, the VM
simply was not capable of mailing that out... this is fixed now. :-)

Can you tell me what you were receiving before? No e-mail at all, or
only one of the samples you attached?

Florian