How-to to write help content ?

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 23:14:16 PST 2013

Hi Sophie,

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 9:34 PM, Sophie Gautier
<gautier.sophie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The FR project has a team willing to work on the help files to follow
> the feature implementation. If I'm able to map the files to the code and
> retrieve them (with the help of my old documentation [1]), generate the
> xml tags, etc. there is still some obscures areas.
> So:
> - do you have an how-to write help content
> - how the id like id="bm_id3154751" or id="hd_id3156042" are generated
>
> In short, what would be the best way for us to provide help content.

There is a help authoring extension for OpenOffice, topics can be
added/edited in Writer. AFAIK help was authored with this tool. It is
available from AOO SVN. I have never used it, it may take some time to
learn.

IDs in xhp files are just random strings. It is just a convention,
that you identify a bookmark with bm_xxxx, a heading with hd_xxxx,
etc. These random identifiers were assigned by the tool mentioned
above. If you edit the new xhp file in a plain text editor, you can
use consecutive numbers, eg. bm_0001, bm_0002, etc. The only rule is
that identifiers must be unique in a single xhp file.

There are some obsolete attributes, that should be be used in new
content, e.g. l10n and oldref.

Best regards,
Andras