[GSOC]Firebird Integration Weekly Update 03

Andrzej J. R. Hunt andrzej at ahunt.org
Tue Jul 2 12:29:25 PDT 2013

There was only one occurence of snprintf I had to fix, so I guess it's
not worth as much to do this in this case? (I am however somewhat
confused at the moment as I discovered that there is an internal
firebird version of snprintf, and it's possible that the code using
snprintf that I fixed isn't intended to be compiled on windows -- I
certainly had this in another place where it seems the official build
system (msvs project files) set some flags to prevent building certain
parts under windows -- in any case I'll have to look at this in more
detail again to understand what's going on.)

In another place I had to replace isnan with _isnan, but that was
already within a WIN_NT ifdef (implying something changed since MSVS 7/8?).

In other news: it seems I've now finally successfully gotten the first
of three sections of the firebird build completed: the build process
builds "libfbstatic" and some tools first, then uses these tools to
generate various other files needed for the full build., and then builds
the "libfbembed" which we need. We're now on failing at the second stage
due to some issues with the tools not being able to lock the firebird
directory (no idea why yet -- it's some windows only code dealing with
file permissions / testing for existence of directories by pretending
they're a file and testing for a specific error? Could possibly be
related to using this on Windows 7 instead of whatever system it was
originally intended to be built on?)