Firebird on Windows / cygwin+msvc (was: Re: [GSOC]Firebird Integration Weekly Update 03)

Andrzej J. R. Hunt andrzej at ahunt.org
Fri Jul 5 06:47:39 PDT 2013

Firebird (or at least libfbembed) is now succesfully buildable wit
cygwin/msvc, however I can't get gbuild to find the necessary libs, I'm
still getting the following error:

C:/cygwin/home/andy/libo/solenv/gbuild/Package.mk:35: ***
gb_Deliver_deliver: file does not exist in solver, and cannot be
delivered:
C:/cygwin/home/andy/libo/solver/wntmsci14.pro/lib/ifbembed.lib.  Stop.

The appropriate lines in ExternalPackage_Firebird.mk are:

ifeq ($(OS)$(COM),WNTMSC)
$(eval $(call
gb_ExternalPackage_add_file,firebird,ifbembed.dll,gen/firebird/bin/ifbembed.dll))
$(eval $(call
gb_ExternalPackage_add_file,firebird,ifbembed.lib,gen/firebird/bin/ifbembed.lib))
else
$(eval $(call
gb_ExternalPackage_add_file,firebird,libfbembed.so.2.5.2,gen/firebird/lib/libfbembed.so.2.5.2))
$(eval $(call
gb_ExternalPackage_add_file,firebird,libfbembed.so.2.5,gen/firebird/lib/libfbembed.so.2.5))
$(eval $(call
gb_ExternalPackage_add_file,firebird,libfbembed.so,gen/firebird/lib/libfbembed.so))
endif

I've tried playing with the namings/paths but that hasn't helped (I had
similar issues for a while when working on the Linux build, but that
eventually worked with the above naming). (For some reason all the
output libraries are put in bin/ rather than lib/ when building FB on
windows, but pretending they're in lib/ doesn't help either.)

Cheers,

    Andrzej