Building LO 4.1 on illumos based OS

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Jul 5 12:39:03 PDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-07-05 at 21:25 +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:
> the other problem is most likely that the libraries from the "nss"
> module somehow have hidden visibility (i assume you are not using
> --with-system-nss?)... if things work PR_Now should be exported like this:

	Right - somehow I suspect you are making nearly all symbols from your
libraries hidden: no idea how :-) but fixing that systemic problem would
prolly cure a number of other issues you'll fall over.

> you'll have to dig into the external build system there to figure out
> why it doesn't work, the files are in workdir/*/UnpackedTarball/nss (or
> if your distro has NSS packages try using --with-system-nss).

	Or that would work of course; but I suspect that fixing the linking
issue is best; personally I prefer to use 'objdump -T' (or -t for a .o
file) to see the export symbols and pipe through c++filt)

	HTH,

		Michael.