Performance profiling tool

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at suse.de
Mon Jul 8 06:22:46 PDT 2013

On 07/04/2013 09:26 PM, José Guilherme Vanz wrote:

> Hello everybody!
>
> The Brazilian comunity is in the FISL14. Today a Intel employee talked
> with me and Marcos Paulo looking for a test case for Intel performance
> profiling tool. He provided for us the tool that we can runs the
> Libreoffice and test it permofance, identifing problems. We talked
> about some problems importing some huge files in calc,  problems
> reported in bugzilla. But are we interesting in your suggestions,
> maybe some specific. Do you have some ?

Try to do a search for a 'perf' whiteboard keyword and 'Spreadsheet' or
'Chart' as component, and you'll get dozens of performance issues
reported in bugzilla.

I believe most of these are hard-to-fix ones, though.  But you are
welcome to try these out and give the Intel tool a try.  You may
discover something new that we have not.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice Calc hacker, SUSE.