build with code coverage

John Smith lbalbalba at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 13:04:34 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 9:49 PM, bfo <bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com> wrote:
> John Smith wrote
>> I also ran an lcov report on current master, and uploaded the results
>> here:
>> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/lcov_reports/master~2013-07-08_14.53.51/
>
> H!
> Thanks a lot, hope you can run it and upload at least once after branching.
> Anyone can comment the results vs master~2012-12-23_14.37.59? Are those
> comparable?
> Best regards.

Hi,

Remind me later on this list after your branch, and ill see what i can do.

Comparing earlier results, the amount of code lines 'hit' by the
tests/checks seems to have increased a lot, so I guess that is a good
thing.

But if you really want comparisons to have any siginificant meaning, I
guess some serious time needs to be invested in :

1.) improving and expanding the tests.
2.) running the lcov/gcov code coverage at regular intervals.

When posting on this list, I just get the impresssion that there just
isnt enough interest at this point to realize that right now. So I
guess that right now generating the reports is primailry for my
personal educational value, which is just fine by me; im learning as I
go.

Regards,

John Smith