"make SQL grammar Generalised LR" commit breaks build

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Wed Jul 10 07:24:14 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 02:42:44PM +0200, Petr Mladek wrote:

> I get the following error when compiling master on linux:

> It is related to the commit
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=f220c3913a167b0d9702aca2b623839abe8665f1

> I am not that familiar with bison. Well, it seems that the flag "%
> glr-parser" in connectivity/source/parse/sqlbison.y changed a lot. Most
> code parts of the sqlbison.y are included in the generated sqlbison.hxx.

sqlbison.hxx apparently is (very?) different depending on Bison
version. I have bison 2.5 and it works for me, not even a warning. I
have a report that bison 2.4.1 also manages fine. I presume you have
bison 2.3?

> It might help to remove the aEmptyString definition in
> connectivity/source/parse/sqlflex.l but I am not sure.

This breaks it on my machine, because sqlbison.hxx does not contain
that aEmptyString... but renaming it should work. I committed that.

Our MacOS X tinderbox also has *another* *error* which is less obvious
to fix.

> The whole new code looks strange now. There are many newcompiler
> warnings,

Yes, they disappear with newer bison. Apparently "newer bison", where
"newer" means "from December 2008 or later" is a significant issue for
at least one platform (MacOS X).

> What solution would you suggest, please?

The discussion is ongoing in the other thread.

--
Lionel