tinderboxes please upgrade bison

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Wed Jul 10 07:39:55 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 05:04:40AM -0500, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 3:02 AM, Lionel Elie Mamane <lionel at mamane.lu> wrote:

>> My commit
>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=f220c3913a167b0d9702aca2b623839abe8665f1
>> broke some tinderboxes, but not others. I suspect that's because of
>> older version of bison on these tinderboxes.

> SQL is LARL(1),

That's plausible.

> I fail to see the wisdom in hiding our parser bugs by pretending it
> is not...

It takes less developer time, and less risk of breaking existing code
looking at parse trees by changing the grammar. I'd be happy to take a
patch cleaning up sqlbison.y thoroughly.

I tried it locally, it worked, I pushed happily. After getting up in
the morning, I discover it has annoying consequences for LibreOffice
as a whole. <sigh> Obviously, this can change the cost / benefit
analysis.

--
Lionel