Need Confirmation: since 4.1 MySQL datetime fields are wrangled in LO base tables

Alex Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 11:17:20 PDT 2013

Le 10/07/2013 18:40, Fernand Vanrie a écrit :

Hi Fernand,

> can that been confirmed on other than windows machines and maybe other
> connectors ?
>
> Lionel Elie Mamane suggested  that due to some changes in the base code
> the Windows Connector has to been recompiled against 4.1  ?

My understanding is that the connector should be recompiled with each
version change in order to remain compatible with any other changes
introduced into the dbconnectivity code.

I beleive that datetime internal representation was also changed at some
time between 4.0 and 4.1.

So, yes, you probably need to recompile the connector for Windows
against the 4.1 source tree.

Alex