build with code coverage

John Smith lbalbalba at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 08:12:20 PDT 2013

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 2:50 PM, Norbert Thiebaud <nthiebaud at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 12:09 PM, John Smith <lbalbalba at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> Ive updated the lcov/gcov wiki page to more accurately reflect the
>> current situation :
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Lcov
>>
>> I also ran an lcov report on current master, and uploaded the results here:
>> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/lcov_reports/master~2013-07-08_14.53.51/
>
> Nice, thanks for that...
>
> Could you find a way to put the sha1 of the version you used to
> generate the report somewhere in there ?
> ideally with a link to
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/log/?id=<sha1>
>
> Norbert

What you can do when generating the report, is

1.) Change test testname description (plain text, links dont work).
You could use the genhtml option '-t' to let it read something like
'test: commit 3a393557152ec61ebfe75580db0a2e321febfda3' instead of
'Test: libreoffice_filtered.info'.

2.) create an 'prolog' htmlpage file and/or epilog htmlpage file, that
gets added to the top or the bottom of the homepage. You can put all
kind of fancy html in there, including the link you would like.

Of course, the right time to make use of these options is when you
generate the html from the code coverage files, and I already deleted
those, so I would have to run the entire build report again just to
change the test name description.

Ill add the sha commit ref to the description the next time I generate
a report though, and add that procedure to the wiki page. And if
someone is willing to write and add a fancy html footer including that
link, that would be great too.
;)

Regards,

John Smith.